Research Interests: AI, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, ML, and Robotics.
Development Interests: Software Engineering, Web, Mobile, and IoT.
Welcome. My name is Ankit Aggarwal, and I solve problems with code and collaboration. I primarily work on creating smarter user experience solutions with the help of computer vision, machine learning, and internet of things. Additionally, I engineer seamless real-time communication using the concepts of computer networking, cloud computing, and web.
I am intrigued by the effective and efficient biological engineering of human beings, especially how brain interprets the surrounding environment with the help of senses and makes an informed decision. Needless to say how remarkable it is, the goal to replicate such behavior with machines is a difficult challenge and even though we still have a long way to go before the robotic systems can be anything close to its biological equivalents, with the easier availability of data and superior processing capabilities, the related research has been reinforced and its applications have begun to penetrate in almost all aspects of our life. Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision will be one of most important driving forces in the future age of Robotics and Automation. From a long-term perspective, I dream of contributing to the research at the helm of these areas.
I'm broadly interested in areas at the intersection of Vision, AI and Robotics, Image Processing, Machine Learning, and Neural Networks. More specifically, I want to contribute to the research in object and action recognition, deep learning in visual context, scene understanding and inference, motion analysis and tracking, virtual and augmented reality, autonomous navigation, biometrics, and open datasets. I'm looking for related research opportunities and would probably begin my higher studies from Fall '17.
Currently I'm working as a software engineer in the CTO Office at Wipro Technologies Ltd. in Bengaluru, India. Previously, I completed my research intern and worked part-time as a software lead at mLabs Research Inc. in New Delhi. I graduated from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (University of Delhi) with the bachelor degree in the interdisciplinary division of Instrumentation & Control Engineering with the elective of Artificial Intelligence.
I'm usually available to chat about science, technology, research, and life in general. I try to respond to all communication within one day.
Some things about me:
- Graduated with distinction (summa-cum-laude) from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, University of Delhi, New Delhi. Awarded the university merit scholarship for four successive years.
- Invited for onsite Google interview after securing the All India rank 17 and Asia Pacific rank 122 in Google APAC 2015 University Graduate Test.
- Authored two research papers at international conferences and published in IEEE Xplore.
- Officially reviewed two technical books published by Packt Publishing.
- Completed the pilot online course offered by MIT as part of their MITx (now edX) initiative, and was invited to the first exclusive MIT alumni meet (2014) in New Delhi.
- Participated in an exclusive Social Innovation Hackathon by Code for India at Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi as part of Festival of Innovations 2016 in the presence of the President of India “Shri Pranab Mukherjee”. The solutions developed during the hackathon are now being used by the Government of Delhi to tackle social challenges.