Research Interests: AI, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, ML, and Robotics.
Development Interests: Software Engineering, Web, Mobile, and IoT.
Welcome. My name is Ankit Aggarwal, and I solve problems with code and collaboration. I primarily work on creating smarter user experience solutions with the help of computer vision, machine learning, and internet of things. Additionally, I engineer seamless real-time communication using the concepts of computer networking, cloud computing, and web.
I have often been intrigued by the effective and efficient biological engineering of human beings, especially the way brain interprets the surrounding environment with the help of human senses and makes an informed decision. Needless to say how remarkable it is, the goal to replicate such behavior with machines is a difficult challenge and even though we still have a long way to go before the robotic systems can be anything close to its biological equivalents, with the easier availability of data and superior processing, the related research has been reinforced and its applications have begun to penetrate in almost all aspects of our life. Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision has been one of most important driving forces in this era of Robotics and Automation. I dream of contributing to the research in this area.
I'm broadly interested in the interdisciplinary areas of Computer Vision and its intersection with Machine Learning and Robotics, AI, and Neural Networks. More specifically, my research interest includes object and action recognition, semantic scene understanding and inference, generating richer descriptions for images, motion analysis and tracking, autonomous navigation, and creating openly available datasets. I'm looking for related research opportunities and would probably begin my higher studies from Fall '17.
Currently I'm working as a software engineer in the CTO Office at Wipro Technologies Ltd. in Bengaluru, India. Previously, I completed my research intern and worked part-time as a software lead at mLabs Research Inc. in New Delhi. I graduated from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (University of Delhi) with the bachelor degree in the interdisciplinary division of Instrumentation & Control Engineering with the elective of Artificial Intelligence.
I'm usually available to chat about science, technology, research, and life in general. I try to respond to all communication within one day.
Some things about me:
- Graduated with distinction (summa-cum-laude) from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, University of Delhi, New Delhi. Awarded the university merit scholarship for four successive years.
- Invited for onsite Google interview after securing the All India rank 17 and Asia Pacific rank 122 in Google APAC 2015 University Graduate Test.
- Authored two research papers at international conferences and published in IEEE Xplore.
- Officially reviewed two technical books published by Packt Publishing.
- Completed the pilot online course offered by MIT as part of their MITx (now edX) initiative, and was invited to the first exclusive MIT alumni meet (2014) in New Delhi.
- Participated in an exclusive Social Innovation Hackathon by Code for India at Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi as part of Festival of Innovations 2016 in the presence of the President of India “Shri Pranab Mukherjee”. The solutions developed during the hackathon are now being used by the Government of Delhi to tackle social challenges.