Advisor: Dr. Prerna Gaur, Professor, NSIT
- Proposed and presented the architecture to create an intelligent network of connected devices capable of acting together to make decisions with or without human interaction.
- Defended thesis in front of the panel comprising of faculty members of NSIT.
- Demonstrated the proof-of-concept on a cloud-based implementation. Best thesis with highest grade (90%).
FaceGrab, Artificial Intelligence (Author), Jan – April 2015
Advisor: Dr. Vijander Singh, Professor, NSIT
- Developed a python tool to collect public images from Facebook and create a face dataset to aid in learning about face detection, or gender recognition applications of machine learning.
- Implemented Eigenface and K-means algorithm in python for gender recognition using the dataset from above tool as part of an assignment in AI class and achieved ~80% accuracy. Received 80% grade in this class.
PyCNN, Research Intern (Author), May – Aug 2014
Advisor: Dr. Gaurav Gandhi, CEO, mLabs Research Inc.
- Developed cross-platform library for image processing with cellular neural networks; 500+ active users.
- Maintained and managed the project on GitHub with 250+ contributions from 20+ contributing developers.
- Cited in the research published on Using Python and Julia for Efficient Implementation of Natural Computing and Complexity Related Algorithms and B3: A plug-n-play Internet enabled platform for real time image processing.
- Trended on Hacker News front-page and GitHub.
PiScope, Student, NSIT (Author), July – Aug 2014
- Developed cross-platform library to turn a raspberry-pi into an oscilloscope/XY-plotter; 200+ active users.
- Used for characterization of different electronic elements and boards, and as a DAQ for various sensors and devices.
Instrumentation Oscilloscope, Student, NSIT (Project Lead), Aug 2013 – June 2014
Advisor: Aditya Kumar, Associate Professor, NSIT
- Designed and built a portable, low-cost oscilloscope for laboratory and educational usage.
- Implemented the system software including data-acquisition, processing and display logic in embedded C.
Sentiment Analysis of Twitter in Python, Intro to Data Science, Coursera, April – June 2014
- Estimated the sentiment of a particular term or phrase and analyzed the relationship between location and mood based on twitter sample data. Received 100% grade for this assignment.
EKF & PID controller, Autonomous Navigation for Flying Robots, edX, May – July 2014
- Implemented extended Kalman filter (EKF) and PID controller for autonomous navigation on a flying robot simulator in Python. Received 100% grade for this assignment.
Hand-written Digit Recognition, Machine Learning, Coursera, Nov 2013 – Jan 2014
- Implemented artificial neural network in MATLAB and achieved ~95% accuracy with the given hand-written digits dataset. Received 100% grade for this assignment.
Image Processing Filters, Computational Photography, Coursera, March – May 2013
- Implemented gaussian, sharpen, median, and sobel filters in python. Received 100% grade for this assignment.
Twitter Popularity, Introduction to Computer Science, edX, Feb – April 2013
- Developed a real-time web application using PHP to determine the more popular trend on twitter out of the two given trends. Received 100% grade for this finals project.